Which alcoholic drinks are “healthiest?”
You don’t want pull out your calorie calculator next time you saddle up to the bar, so with all that out of the way, you’d probably still like some more specific directions. So let’s talk brass tacks:
- Drink wine. It’s low in calories.
- Drink liquor. By itself. It’s low in calories.
- If you can’t do without your mixed drinks, consider diet tonic, sodas, juices, etc. WebMD offers this list of low-calorie mixers.
- If diet mixers aren’t an option, most martinis are low on calories (apart from the obvious, like chocolate martinis)
- Gin and tonic is not bad (around 200 calories), but the tonic can add up fast.
- Generally speaking, “light” beer has fewer calories than a traditional lager, which has fewer calories than an ale. For most beer lovers, that basically means flavor is directly proportional to calories.
- If you want to faceoff your favorite drinks, head over to web site Get Drunk Not Fat.