Ironically, there are several important elements of health reform that majorities of Americans, across segments, support:
- Transparency of costs and quality, supported by 87%
- Administrative simplification, supported by 76%
- Piloting new reimbursement programs, supported by 75%
- Creating an insurance exchange, favored by 73%
- Preventing illegal immigrants from obtaining coverage, supported by 2/3 of Americans
- Allowing kids to stay on parents’ insurance plans until they turn 25-26, supported by 65%.
The biggest opposition overall is for an individual mandate, opposed by 2 in 3 Americans.
Most tellingly, The Poll finds that it doesn’t much matter what the details are:“support for, or opposition to, health care reform has little to do with what is actually proposed,” Harris’s polling data indicates.
via Jane Sarasohn-Kahn