I’ve been reading this book on my kindle…absolutely love the book and the kindle.
- Customers are now in charge. They can be heard around the globe and have an impact on huge institutions in an instant.
- People can find each other anywhere and coalesce around you—or against you.
- The mass market is dead, replaced by the mass of niches.
- “Markets are conversations,” decreed The Cluetrain Manifesto, the seminal work of the internet age, in 2000. That means the key skill in any organization today is no longer marketing but conversing.
- We have shifted from an economy based on scarcity to one based on abundance. The control of products or distribution will no longer guarantee a premium and a profit.
- Enabling customers to collaborate with you—in creating, distributing, marketing, and supporting products—is what creates a premium in today’s market.
- The most successful enterprises today are networks—which extract as little value as possible so they can grow as big as possible—and the platforms on which those networks are built.
- Owning pipelines, people, products, or even intellectual property is no longer the key to success. Openness is.